D. W. Morgens* and B. Shtylla, Stochastic Analysis of a Mammalian Circadian Clock Model: Small Protein Number Effects, 2017, Spora: A Journal of Biomathematics, Vol. 3 (1), pp. 86--99.*undergraduate co-author.
B. Shtylla. Mathematical modeling of spatiotemporal protein localization patterns in C. crescentus bacteria: a mechanism for asymmetric FtsZ ring positioning, 2017, Journal of Theoretical Biology, 433, pp.8-20.
V. C. Coffman, M. B. A. McDermott*, B. Shtylla, A. T. Dawes. Stronger net posterior cortical forces and asymmetric microtubule arrays produce simultaneous centration and rotation of the pronuclear complex in the early Caenorhabditis elegans embryo, 2016, Mol Biol Cell, 27(22), pp.3550-3562. *undergraduate co-author.
L. D. Waldrop, C. D. Behn, E. Braley, J. A. Drew, R. J. Full, L. J. Gross, J. A. Jungck, B. Kohler, J. C. Prairie, B. Shtylla, and L. A. Miller. Using active learning to teach concepts and methods in quantitative biology, 2015, Integrative and Comparative Biology, 5 (5), pp. 933.
- C. Xue, B. Shtylla, and A. Brown. A Stochastic Multiscale Model that Explains the Segregation of Axonal Microtubules and Neurofilaments in Neurological Diseases, 2015, 2015, PLOS Computational Biology, 11(8), pp. e1004406.
- B. Shtylla and J. P. Keener. Mathematical modeling of bacterial track-altering motors: Track cleaving through burnt-bridge ratchets, 2015, Physical Review E, 91, pp. 042711.
- J. P. Keener, B. Shtylla. A mathematical model of force generation by flexible kinetochore-microtubule attachments, Biophysical Journal, 2014, 106 (5), pp. 998. *This article was featured on the cover of the Biophysical Journal.
- A. Sharma*, B. Shtylla* and D. Chowdhury. Distribution of lifetimes of kinetochore-microtubule attachments:interplay of energy landscape, molecular motors and microtubule (de-)polymerization, Physical Biology, 2014, 11, pp. 036004. *equal contribution.
- A. Matzavinos, B. Shtylla, Z. Voller, S. Liu, and M. A.J. Chaplain. Stochastic modelling of chromosomal segregation: Errors can introduce correction, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 2014, 76, no. 7, pp. 1590-1606.
- B. Shtylla and J. P. Keener. A mathematical model of ParA filament-mediated chromosome movement in Caulobacter crescentus. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2012, 307, pp. 82-95.
- B. Shtylla and J. P. Keener. A mathematical model for force generation at the
kinetochore-microtubule interface, SIAM Journal on Applied
Mathematics, 2011, 71(5), pp. 1821-1848.
- B. Shtylla and J. P. Keener. A mechanomolecular model
for the movement of chromosomes during mitosis driven by
a minimal kinetochore bicyclic cascade, Journal of Theoretical
Biology, 2010, 263(4): 455-70.
- Shtylla, L. Traldi, and L. Zulli. On the realization
of double occurrence words, Discrete Mathematics,
2009, 309(6): 1769-1773.
- B. Shtylla and L. Zulli. An extension of the Jones
polynomial of classical knots, Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications,
2006, 15: 81-100.