are to Provide:
- a high-quality laboratory facility to support
research projects by faculty and students.
- specific laboratory support for undergraduate student research.
- a facility to promote experiential classroom
learning through introduction of innovative and discovery based exercises.
- a facility available to the wider academic community
to promote the concept of undergraduate research.
Funding for the Laboratory:
Our Paleomagnetics Laboratory was made possible
by generous funding from the following;
- National Science Foundation ILI Grant DUE97-51470;
- The College of Wooster Matching Funds for NSF
ILI Grant DUE97-51470
- The Faculty Development Fund of The College
of Wooster: 1999
- National Science Foundation REU Grant EAR94-23923:
- Geology Department, Pomona College
Using the Laboratory:
We encourage the use of our paleomagnetics laboratory
by faculty and students from other institutions, particularly for the
purpose of undergraduate research. We particularly invite students and faculty from the Keck Geology Consortium (keckgeology.org) of which Pomona is a member.
Camp near Húsavik, Iceland