Gabe Chandler, Associate Professor of Statistics, Burnett C. Meyer Fellow, Pomona College.
Office: 117 SGM
Courses for 2013-14: (fall) Math 159: Computational Statistics, ID-1: First-year seminar on rap music --- (spring) TBD
- (2013) Automatic locally adaptive smoothing for tree-based set estimation, Journal of Statistical Computing and Simulation, 83, 384-401. (with Leif Johnson)
Movie of method in 2-D on toy data set
- (2012) Mode Identification of Volatility in Time-Varying Autoregression, Journal of the American Statistical Association 107, 1217-1229. (with Wolfgang Polonik)
- (2012) An Exploratory Study of Minor League Baseball Statistics, Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, 8 (4). (with Guy Stevens '13)
Press for "An Exploratory Study...": "When Scouting the Minor Leagues, It's Data That's the Clincher" (wired.com) | "Major League Math" (Pomona College Magazine)
- (2010) Order selection for heteroscedastic autoregression: A study on concentration, Statistics and Probability Letters 80, 1904-1910.
- (2006) Discrimination of Locally Stationary Time Series Based on the Excess Mass Functional, Journal of the American Statistical Association 101, 240-253. (with Wolfgang Polonik)